The Spot - Come & Be U

Welcome to The Spot! The artistic Value of one's self can not be price tagged but only become priceless. The thought, actions, & visions of humans are mere achievements of Gods displayment. I EjB have done nothing but created another avenue for that display. With that said I present to you a place where artist can be just that....art. I give you The Spot.

Saturday, June 7

A Poets Call

Photobucket
It has always been easy
to get to my heart.
There is no other way of stating it.
The best poets are lovers,
are receptacles for pain,
joy, injustice
and the innocent smiles for children.
We trust too early and easily.
We read potential in the countless faces of evil.
We carry many, many wounds.
we are often crippled yet some
heal quickly
only to open their hearts
to stories our children can see through.
The right words can send us on
unlimited Journeys.
The hurt in childrens eyes
release fury
in our souls and fists.
Black girls mistreated hair
brings tears.
I do not wish it to always
be this way,
to care too much can damage
one's spirit yet,
the secret to longevity of
significant poets is:
we never give up on love,
poetry &
the smiles of the young.

1 comment:

EjB said...

I wrote this poem because it explains many of us in a way like no other. no i did not write the poem i found it in a "Essence Magazine". sorry i can not remember the issue but it touched me and i have always looked to it to kind of explain the minds of poets across the world. it might not describe every poet but it does describe me and a good handfull.